Lectures, Seminars and Practical Courses
We offer colloquia, lectures and seminars specifically designed for doctoral researchers in infection biology and immunology. Depending on your graduate program, the rules and regulations regarding mandatory and elective elements may vary. When in doubt, contact your coordinator!
A core program of lectures and courses is available every year. However, we constantly encourage our doctoral members to share their ideas and demands with us. Recent examples are courses on the analysis of expression data, training on FACS data acquisition and analysis, trainings using the programming language R or in advanced microscopy methods.
Regular Seminar Series
- Berlin Life Science Colloquium (BLSC)
- Berlin Parasitology Seminar Series (BPS, monthly, Tuesdays at 5 pm)
- Role Models in Infection Biology
- Berlin Seminar for Resistance Research (BSfRR)
- Methods in Bioinformatics and Statistics (monthly, contact: Joanna Zyla, zyla[at]mpiib-berlin.mpg.de)
- All events of the IRTG 2290 "Molecular Interactions in Malaria" are listed here.
Seminars under the umbrella of the Leibniz Science Campus C3ID are open to all. Have a look at all events within the Chronic Inflammation Forum
- The Graduate School "Life Sciences" of the Integrative Research Institute for the Life Sciences (IRI LS) offers various seminars and colloquia. Detailed information are provided on their website.
Regularly offered Lecture Series
- Immunology (summer term, next: 2020)
- Infection Biology (winter term, next: 2020/2021)
- Chronic Inflammation (summer term)
- Parasite Infections: From laboratory-based research to natural systems (winter term 2018)
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology (winter term)
- The Dahlem Research School Biomedical Sciences also offers lectures, seminars and courses for doctoral researchers. If you are affiliated to DRS Biomedical Sciences, just register for the courses of interest via blackboard (applies to all GRK 2046 members). Please get in contact with us, if you like to attend a certain course and don’t have the possibility to login via blackboard.
Practical courses and workshops
Practical courses are aimed to introduce you to new techniques. Upcoming practical courses are announced via e-mail. We are not offering regular dedicated practical courses in typical “wet lab” methods, as we have learned that the majority of the relevant training in this area happens in a laboratory-specific “real world” setting. Please help us to decide which courses should be offered, as we prefer to arrange practical courses developed in close collaboration with the student community. Send us a short note, which courses you would like to attend during your 3-years study. As a rule of thumb one course-day is 0,5 CP. To benefit the most, we highly recommend to participate in practical courses during the first two years.
You may also attend practical courses provided by external institutions such as EMBO, EMBL, the Wellcome Trust or by companies such as Becton-Dickinson.
Upcoming courses (register through email@example.com)